Re: BBU still needed with SSD? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: BBU still needed with SSD?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 2011-07-19 12:47, Florian Weimer wrote:

>> It would be interesting to see if the drives also show total xyz
>> written, and if that differs a lot too.
> Do you know how to check that with smartctl?
smartctl -a /dev/<your disk> should show all values. If it shows
something that looks like garbage, it means that the database of
smartmontools doesn't have the correct information yet for these new
drives. I know that for the recently new OCZ vertex 2 and 3 SSDs you
need at least 5.40 or 5.41 and that's pretty new stuff. (I just happened
to install Fedora 15 today and that has smartmontools 5.41, whereas e.g.
Scientific Linux 6 has 5.39).

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/