Re: Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

>> * Collect frequency statistics and selectivity estimation for arrays
>> * Allow multiple Postgres clusters running on the same machine to
>> distinguish themselves in the event log
>> * lazy vxid locks
>
> I'm not clear on your criteria for moving these patches, as they seem
> to be in somewhat different states.

For the array criteria, it took me until the last week of the CF to find
a reviewer. That reviewer found a number of issues, and the submitter
submitted an updated patch.  It looks quite likely that work on that
patch will get updated in the next couple weeks but not immediately.

For the eventlog, MauMau had submitted an updated patch, but all of our
Windows hackers had let me know that they were unavailable for the next
couple weeks for review or commit.

For lazy VXID locks, I'd the impression that we had an ongoing
discussion about whether we were going to apply it or not, and you were
on vacation for the last week of the CF.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.