Re: [ADMIN] Python UCS4 error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Python UCS4 error
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/05/11 7:34 PM, c k wrote:
> I have default python 2.7.1 installed along with fedora15. Then
> installed postgresql from binary installers. This creates the
> plpython.so, plpython2.so and plpython3.so in lib/postgresql directory
> under postgresql installation. When I go for creating a new language
> plpython, it gives me some error regarding pythonś version. By default
> it is compiled with 2.6 and I have 2.7...

the first statement and last seem in contradiction.    when you say
'default python 2.7.1 installed', do you mean the default python thats
shipped with Fedora 15 is 2.7 ?

if Fedora 15 ships with Python 2.7, then it appears the 'postgresql from
binary installers' you installed was not built for Fedora 15.   Which
'binary installers' were these?   The default postgresql 9.0 that is
bundled with Fedora, or something else?