Re: Infinite Cache - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Infinite Cache
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 07/03/2011 06:21 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I was at one point told that *all* of infinite cache would be
> submitted to the community, but it was in need of some cleanup
> first.

I'm not sure what kind of cleanup would be involved, but we had some
problems with index corruption that wasn't fixed until a February patch
was applied. My guess is that earlier versions of Infinite Cache weren't
all that careful with verifying certain edge cases during connection
renegotiation or timeout scenarios. It only seemed to pop up once every
few billion queries, but that's all it takes to bring down a heavy OLTP
system.

I'd say it's probably safe enough these days. But it's also one of those
exclusive selling points they're using right now to garner EDB
customers. So I doubt it'll be released any time *soon*, though may make
it eventually.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See  http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer.php
for terms and conditions related to this email