Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm currently on the other end of the spectrum: ignore and
> consider for 9.2.
I guess part of my point was that if we can't safely get something
into the initial 9.1 release, it doesn't mean we necessarily need to
wait for 9.2.  Bugs can be fixed along the way in minor releases.  A
9.1.1 fix might give us more time to work through details and ensure
that it is a safe and well-targeted fix.
-Kevin