Search for lists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daron Ryan
Subject Search for lists
Date
Re: Search for lists
Re: Search for lists
List pgsql-general
  Hello,

I need to search a table to find sets of rows that have a column
matching itself for the whole set and another column matching row for
row with a list I am going to supply. The result I should receive should
be value of the column that matches itself.

For example given the following data in my table:

3;         1
3;         2
4;         8
4;         9
4;         10

I might need to search for 1,2. This should produce the result 3. Or if
I were to search for 8, 9, 10 the result should be 4. Searching for 8, 9
should produce an empty result as should 8, 9, 10, 11.

Can anyone recommend a strategy?