Re: Reinstalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Reinstalling
Date
List pgsql-general
On 13/06/11 05:59, Щепкин Александр wrote:
> Hello, I have a database with which I was running Windows XP (version of PostgreSQL 8.3). After reinstalling the
systemon Windows 7 I'm having problems, even though you are installing on the same postgresql 8.3. Is it possible to
connectto the old database to the new operating system and how to do it.

Did you make a backup of your database?

When you "reinstalled" windows, did you erase your system and install
fresh? Or upgrade?

If you upgraded, did you uninstall PostgreSQL? Or leave it installed?

--
Craig Ringer