Re: Core Extensions relocation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Core Extensions relocation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> For the directory name, I'd prefer either src/extensions (since there is
> more than one), or if you want to go for short somehow, src/ext.  (Hmm,
> I guess the installation subdirectory is also called "extension".  But
> it felt wrong on first reading anyway.)

I jumped between those two a couple of times myself, settling on
"extension" to match the installation location as you figured out.
Assuming that name shouldn't change at this point, this seemed the best
way to name the new directory, even though I agree it seems weird at first.

> What version did you branch this off? :)

Long enough ago that apparently I've missed some major changes; Magnus
already pointed out I needed to revisit how MODULEDIR was used.  Looks
like I need to rebuild the first patch in this series yet again, which
shouldn't be too bad.  The second time I did that, I made the commits
atomic enough that the inevitable third one would be easy.