Re: release slippage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: release slippage
Date
List pgsql-hackers

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DEE7BE4020000250003E2BD@gw.wicourts.gov

> That seems important to fix.
It seems a lot more important to me than the other SSI issues.
> In any case, if this misses beta2, I'm not feeling like we'd need
> to push beta3 just for that reason.  I'm not even 100% convinced
> that it needs to be in 9.1.  We're talking about fixing a
> relatively rare false positive from a system which by its design
> necessitates that users be prepared for the possibility of false
> positives.
Yeah, I was actually surprised that people felt it needed to go into
9.1, rather than being on a list of 9.2 follow-up improvements.  Of
course, now that it's done, I'd like to see it get into the release;
but not at the cost of slipping the date..
-Kevin