Re: Postgres 8.3.5 - ECPG and the use of descriptors and cursors in multi-threaded programs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bosco Rama
Subject Re: Postgres 8.3.5 - ECPG and the use of descriptors and cursors in multi-threaded programs
Date
List pgsql-general
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Bosco Rama <postgres@boscorama.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, like you, I am just a user of this wonderful DB.  Since
>> we are not seeing any other input here on the 'general' list it may be
>> time to move this thread to the pgsql-interfaces list.  Are you subscribed
>> to it?  It is a very low bandwidth list but it does tend to highlight the
>> interface issues distinct from the general DB discussions.
>
> hm, iirc pg-interfaces is deprecated.

There was discussion of that some time ago.  I'm not sure what the final
decision was.  I still get the occasional message on that list.  And in
the past, messages sent to that list got some sort of attention.  It
seems that ecpg gets lost in the crowd here on the general list.  I'm not
sure if this is because of the ecpg folks not being subscribed to general
(which I highly doubt since I see Tom here, though I don't see Michael) or
if it's due to the different SNR.

Bosco.