Re: SELECT to_timestamp crash PostgreSQL 9.1beta1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: SELECT to_timestamp crash PostgreSQL 9.1beta1
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/02/2011 03:15 AM, Paolo Saudin wrote:
> Trying to convert unix time to date time format, I encountered a database
> crash.

This is a known issue, and will be addressed in the next beta. Detail
from an earlier post by Tom Lane:

Tom Lane wrote:
 > This is the known problem with timezone abbreviations not being
 > initialized correctly on Windows --- anything involving interpreting a
 > "keyword" in datetime input will go belly up.  See commits 2e82d0b39,
 > e05b86644.
 >
 >             regards, tom lane

Those commits have a more detailed explanation, and can be found here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=2e82d0b396473b595a30f68b37b8dfd41c37dff8

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=e05b866447899211a0c2df31bf0671faac4fc3e5

but the short version appears to be "Fixed in the next version".

--
Craig Ringer