Re: Postgre Client only Install on Linux- 8.4.7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Postgre Client only Install on Linux- 8.4.7
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/23/11 5:16 AM, Chitra wrote:
> How can i install only the postgre client on an RHEL 5.5 machine??
> I have installed the server running the
> ./postgresql-8.4.7-1-linux-x64.bin command.

use the rpms from the yum repository, postgresql-libs is the runtime
client software.

see http://yum.pgrpms.org/  and http://yum.pgrpms.org/howtoyum.php

frankly, I would use that version for the server too, rather than that
.bin thing