Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Proposal to shutdown pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-www
On 05/21/2011 11:07 AM, Joshua Berkus wrote:
>   While there are plenty of places I can externally host code, free mailing list hosting on third parties in general
isinadequate for the community purposes I need lists for (yahoo and google groups are problematic for multiple
reasons).

I'm curious what you feel the problems are with Google Groups in
particular; I've had my own issues with Yahoo so agreed that's sketchy.

When we went casting around for places to host the repmgr project at, we
went through a similar process to what cast adrift pgfoundry ones would
be facing here.  The following set of resources has worked well for us:

Github:  code, issue tracker
Google Groups:  mailing list + archives
Release .tar.gz and documentation:  Drupal site, hosted on one of our
servers

The Drupal site is the weakest link in that set, but discussion on this
thread has already started hopping on alternatives for that point.  I've
been happy enough with Google Groups for small mailing lists though.