Re: question about readonly instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: question about readonly instances
Date
List pgsql-general
> I have no idea how expensive it is, but fortunately that's not my
> problem :) I was only asked about the possibility of running Postgres
> that way.
> And by the way: how expensive is that?

something like US$23000 per CPU core for the RAC option for Oracle
Enterprise.  so a 100 node cluster with dual quadcore cpus would be 800
CPUs would be ....  my head hurts.   oh, thats on top of the oracle
enterprise license ($47K/core), and features like Partitioning are extra
too.    support is about 25%/year additional.

see
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/pricing/technology-price-list-070617.pdf
for the base pricing.  if you're a big corporation that uses a *LOT* of
oracle, you might get this cut in half.  or not, depending on Oracle's
accountants estimations of your ability to be bled for more.