Re: performance-test farm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: performance-test farm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
> 1) Is there something that might serve as a model?
I've been assuming that we would use the PostgreSQL Buildfarm as a
model.
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/
> 2) How would you use it? What procedure would you expect?
People who had suitable test environments could sign up to
periodically build and performance test using the predetermined test
suite, and report results back for a consolidated status display.
That would spot regressions.
It would be nice to have a feature where a proposed patch could be
included for a one-time build-and-benchmark run, so that ideas could
be tried before commit.  It can be hard to anticipate all the
differenced between Intel and AMD, Linux and Windows, 32 bit and 64
bit, etc.
> 3) Any other features expected?
Pretty graphs?  :-)
-Kevin