Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Well, my first patch was two-phase commit. And I had never even used
> PostgreSQL before I dived into the source tree and started to work on that

Well, everyone knows you're awesome.  A small percentage of the people
who write patches end up having the combination of background skills,
mindset, and approach to pull something like that off.  But there are at
least a dozens submissions that start review with "I don't think there
will ever work, but I can't even read your malformed patch to be sure"
for every one that went like 2PC.  If every submitter was a budding
Heikki we wouldn't need patch submission guidelines at all.