Re: Server Programming Interface underspecified in 4.1beta1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Server Programming Interface underspecified in 4.1beta1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"J. Greg Davidson" <greg@ngender.net> wrote:
> I would like to be able to program to a C or C++ SPI
> which is clean, complete and type-safe.  I am good at
> reading API documentation in C or C++ and would be happy
> to review any proposed improvements.
I want to second Andrew's post, and emphasize that such suggestions
are not intended to be flippant -- a lot of PostgreSQL development
(documentation included) occurs because someone feels the need for
something and goes ahead with making it happen.  If you want to put
the effort into improving the API documentation for SPI, but don't
know where to start, I'd be happy to help you get started.  It's
great when someone who benefits from PostgreSQL can "scratch their
own itch" and give back to the community in the process.
Let me know.
-Kevin