Re: good performance benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: good performance benchmark
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 5/9/11 1:41 PM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I'm looking for a good ready-to-run broad spectrum (tests cpu bound,
> i/o bound, various cases, various sizes) benchmark.  I tried dbt5 and
> got it compiled after some effort but it immediately fails upon
> running so I punted.  Anybody have any ideas where I could look?

I don't know any real benchmark currently that isn't fairly involved to
set up.  As in, week-long debugging session.  I wish it were different,
but to date nobody is available to put in the kind of work required to
have credible benchmarks which are relatively portable.

DBT2 is a bit more stable than DBT5, though, so you might have a better
time with it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.