Re: Streaming replication info - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: Streaming replication info
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Il 09/05/11 09:18, mephysto ha scritto:
> I would to configure a multinode PostgreSQL system using streaming
> replication. In my mind, I would have a base configuration with a master
> node and more than one slaves in streaming replication.
Cool.
> I have no difficult to imagine start situation, but my problems come when
> master fails: if my slaves receive strems from the master, when this fails
> is there a manner to change connection_info in recovery.conf and change
> server to a new master?

I suggest that you look at repmgr, an open-source tool for managing
replication the we are currently writing
(http://projects.2ndquadrant.com/repmgr) which should make this kind of
things much easier for you.

Cheers,
Gabriele