Re: "make check" in src/test/isolation is unworkable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: "make check" in src/test/isolation is unworkable
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 05/08/2011 09:54 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 05/08/2011 07:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I believe that the "make check" target in src/test/isolation is
>> fundamentally unportable, as is illustrated by the fact that buildfarm
>> member coypu is currently choking on it.  The reason is that the
>> pg_isolation_regress program depends on libpq, and in particular it
>> depends on having an *installed* libpq.  Anyplace where it appears to
>> work, it's because you already installed Postgres, or at least libpq.
>
> darn, you're right.

OK, I have crake running the installation checks:
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=crake&dt=2011-05-09%2004%3A17%3A01&stg=isolation-check>,
so I have checked in a hot fix for the buildfarm client:
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/c3c20a6457f57efcdcecb83e9c8168791f33f699>

What's a bit annoying is that these tests were checked in without a
vestige of MSVC support, and nobody pinged the usual suspects (i.e.
Magnus and me) to ask for help in providing it, unless my memory is even
worse than usual. We have a bit of work to do to enable that, which I'll
try to get done before pgcon.

cheers

andrew