Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I am thinking about a new target "installcheck-collations" in
> src/test/regress/GNUmakefile that creates a UTF8-encoding database
> and runs a different test schedule than the regular tests.
I don't know the best way to do this (or how many people agree we
should), but I found that running the standard `make installcheck`
against a database where the postgresql.conf file set
default_transaction_isolation = serializable helped provide some
baseline testing of SSI.  None of the results change, but it helps
protect against certain classes of dumb error.  (I know this from
personal experience.)  I know *I'd* feel better if at least a few
buildfarm animals were set up to do this.
-Kevin