Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On lör, 2011-05-07 at 17:38 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Link please.
>>>
>> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-05/msg00275.php>
> That thread just asserts that it might be useful, and I responded by
> asking for what.

As I said there: "to see how the libraries are configured, for example."

Just the other day I wanted to know what compilation options had been
used for a particular installation. pg_config wasn't installed because
the -devel package wasn't installed, and it would have saved me quite
some time if pg_config had been available.

Another example is to find out what the installation is using for
shares, the service directory and so on.

cheers

andrew