Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> These are the only ones I'd care about moving into a more likely place.
> The rest of the contrib modules are the sort where if you need them, you
> realize that early and get them installed.  These are different by
> virtue of their need popping up most often during emergencies.  The fact
> that I believe they all match the low impact criteria too makes it even
> easier to consider.

Yes, precisely.  If I need intarray, I'm going to need it for a
development push, which is planned well in advance.  But if I need
pageinspect, it's almost certainly because an emergency has arisen.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.