Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default?
Date
Re: Why not install pgstattuple by default?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne wrote:
> I'm getting "paper cuts" quite a bit these days over the differences
> between what different packaging systems decide to install.  The one
> *I* get notably bit on, of late, is that I have written code that
> expects to have pg_config to do some degree of self-discovery, only to
> find production folk complaining that they only have "psql" available
> in their environment.

Given the other improvements in being able to build extensions in 9.1,
we really should push packagers to move pg_config from the PostgreSQL
development package into the main one starting in that version.  I've
gotten bit by this plenty of times.