Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject Re: Unlogged vs. In-Memory
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le 04/05/2011 13:38, Roy Hann a écrit :
> Joshua Berkus wrote:
>
>> When doing PR, it's more important to use terms people recognize than to use
>> terms which are perfectly accurate.  Nobody expects a news article to
>> be perfectly accurate anyway.
>>
>> However, I posted this because I think that several folks in the community feel
>> that this is going too far into the land of marketese, and I want to
>> hash it out and get consensus before we start pitching 9.1 final.
>
> Call 'em table-valued variables.

How about "Volatile Tables" ?

It makes it pretty clear that you cannot put valuable data in it.
In the same time the word implies that the tables are gonna be faster
than standard tables (like volatile memory being faster Disk storage)

Plus it's easy to translate in French :P

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org