Re: Bidirectional replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Bidirectional replication
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/03/2011 09:15 AM, tushar nehete wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any way to do bidirectional replication for Postgresql Plus
> Advance Server 8.4.5?
>
> I tried SLONY-I but its master-slave asynchronous replication.
> Can we configure master-master replication by slony?
>

> Or is there any trusted tool to do it?
>

> Regards,
> Tushar
I have heard good things about Bucardo, though I haven't tried it myself
yet. I was warned that it would be risky to have 2 masters that have the
same tables modified in both because of issues such as delayed sync,
race conditions and other such goodies that may corrupt the meaning of
the data.