Re: branching for 9.2devel - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: branching for 9.2devel
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Generally the last week only has 1-3 patches open
The last CF I managed the end of the third week looked like this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-08/msg00334.php
That is, we had 15 patches still pending out of 72 submitted:
9 ready for committer
1 waiting on author
5 needing review
If you want to view it as a *commit* fest, that is really 15 to go.
If you're viewing it as a *review* fest, those six broke down:
3 were patches submitted by committers (1 of which was WIP)
1 other was WIP
1 was down to tweaking docs
1 got a review the next day, showing it wasn't ready
So we either need to markedly increase the pace of CFs (which is
hard without more reviewers unless we provide "brisker" review and
kick things back a lot faster) or we need to stop thinking that the
goal is to get them *committed* during the CommitFest; but I thought
that was kinda the point.
-Kevin