Re: Major features for 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Major features for 9.1
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/30/2011 11:52 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Yeah, the link to the PostgreSQL docs on the page you pointed to
> still references the 8.2 docs.  I wonder whether it's better form to
> link to the 9.1 docs once they're out, or to link to the "current"
> URL, so that it's always automatically pointing to the latest
> version.

The 9.1 ones once they are out.  Having a URL whose content changes
significantly over time drives some of the Wikipedia crowd crazy.

I wouldn't even get into arguing over the main page.  I'd just add
"PostgreSQL 9.1 includes a true serialization implementation based on
the SerializableSI approach", add a footnote linking to the PostgreSQL
docs and your design page on the wiki, and call it a day.  Let the
revert geeks fight over how the tone of the page needs to be adjusted to
reflect this new referenced fact.