Re: FUSION-IO io cards - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joachim Worringen
Subject Re: FUSION-IO io cards
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 04/29/2011 06:52 PM, gnuoytr@rcn.com wrote:
> TMS RAMSAN is a DRAM device.  TMS built DRAM SSDs going back decades,
> but have recently gotten into flash SSDs as well.  The DRAM parts are
> in an order of magnitude more expensive than others' flash SSDs, gig
> by gig.  Also, about as fast as off cpu storage gets.

Their naming convention is a bit confusing, but in fact the RamSan boxes
are available in flash and RAM-based variants:

"The RamSan-630 offers 10 TB SLC Flash storage, 1,000,000 IOPS (10 GB/s)
random sustained throughput, and just 500 watts power consumption."

I was referring to those. Of course, they may be more expensive than
FusionIO. You get what you pay for (in this case).

--
Joachim Worringen
Senior Performance Architect

International Algorithmic Trading GmbH