Re: optimizer parameters - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: optimizer parameters
Date
List pgsql-performance
There's a quite nice description in the docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/row-estimation-examples.html

and a some more details for indexes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/index-cost-estimation.html

A bit more info about how this is used is available in this presentation:

http://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/internalpics.pdf

But if you need more details, then I quess the best approach to get it
is to read the sources (search for the cost estimation etc.).

regards
Tomas