Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Aug 30, 2006, at 12:50 , Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Here is a test program.  What does it show for you?

> The output for me is:
>
>     4.100000000000000
>     2.999999999999989
>     3.000000000000000

Here's what I get. Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I'm
including how I compiled it.

$ cat div_test.c
#include <stdio.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
     double x;

     x = 41;
     x = x / 10.0;
     printf("%f\n", x);
     x = x - (int)x;
     x = x * 30;
     printf("%15.15f\n", x);
     x = 0.1 * 30;
     printf("%15.15f\n", x);
     return 0;
}
$ gcc div_test.c -o div_test
$ ./div_test
4.100000
2.999999999999989
3.000000000000000
$

> Yea, just an optimization, but I was worried that the computations
> might
> throw problems for certain numbers, so I figured I would only
> trigger it
> when necessary.

Thanks for the explanation. Helps me know I might actually be
learning this.

> Patch attached.  It also fixes a regression test output too.

Thanks for the patch. I'll look at it more closely tonight.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net