Re: Problem with pg_upgrade? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Problem with pg_upgrade?
Date
Re: Problem with pg_upgrade?
List pgsql-hackers
On 31.03.2011 17:55, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I will work on code to allow autovacuum_max_workers to be set to zero in
> HEAD and 9.0, and have pg_upgrade us that.

We've intentionally not allowed the user to disable anti-wraparound
autovacuum before. Do we really want to allow it now for the sake of
pg_upgrade?

>  I think the maintenance
> overhead of an invisible variable is too much.

A simple GUC or command-line switch isn't much code.

Is the problem just that the clog files get removed too early, or is
there something else? If it's just the clog files, we could simply copy
them (again) after updating datfrozenxids.