Re: Another swing at JSON - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Another swing at JSON
Date
Re: Another swing at JSON
List pgsql-hackers

On 03/30/2011 12:29 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net>  writes:
>> I think we're pretty much down to only fixing bugs now, for 9.1, and this
>> isn't a bug, however inconvenient it might be.
> It's not just inconvenient, it's setting a bad example for people to
> work on their own extensions.  It's more than unfortunate.  I will
> prepare a doc patch, but copying from contrib is the usual way to go
> creating your own extension, right?

None of that makes it a bug.

I don't have any objection to putting some comments in the contrib
Makefiles telling people to use PGXS, but I don't think that at this
stage of the cycle we can start work on something that so far is just an
idea from the top of my head.

cheers

andrew