Re: Curious case of the unstoppable user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Curious case of the unstoppable user
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/29/2011 01:32 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 29 March 2011 21:28, hubert depesz lubaczewski<depesz@depesz.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 07:44:51PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
>>> So, I'm overlooking something.  Could someone tell me what it is?  I
>>> bet it's something obvious.  I'm using 9.1dev if it's relevant.
>>
>> perhaps meow is superuser?
>
> stuff=>  \dg+
>                                      List of roles
>   Role name |                   Attributes                   | Member
> of | Description
>   meow      |                                                | {}        |
>   testrole  | Cannot login                                   | {}        |
>   thom      | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication | {}        |

My guess is you have pg_hba.conf set up to use trust for the connection.
In your original example testrole failed because it is not a login role
not for permissions reasons. When \c to stuff as meow can you do \d?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com