Re: Problem with streaming replication, backups, and recovery (9.0.x) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Problem with streaming replication, backups, and recovery (9.0.x)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
> it worked. now the slave2 is working as stand alone.
>
> what does it tell us? will any work happening after checkpoint
> break it anyway?
I'm less sure about what will put it into a bad state again than I
was that an immediate checkpoint would put you into a good state.
I have a vague feeling that I've seen or heard something which
suggests that doing this during a spread checkpoint might be a
problem as things currently stand.  I can't be more specific without
digging through code, and I'm pretty swamped at the moment.
-Kevin