Re: Problem with streaming replication, backups, and recovery (9.0.x) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Problem with streaming replication, backups, and recovery (9.0.x)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 04:24:23PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
>>
>>> how come that I can use this backup to make standalone pg, and
<<< it starts without any problem, but when I start it as sr slave,
>>> let it run for some time, and then promote to standalone, it
>>> breaks?
>>
>> We need more detail to make much of a guess about that.
>
> what details can I provide?
>
> I can provide scripts that I use to test it, and also access to
> test machine that I was testing it on.
For starters, what do you mean by "it breaks"?  What, exactly
happens?  What is in the logs?  What version of PostgreSQL?  Are you
using pg_standby or custom scripts?
-Kevin