Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: maintenance_work_mem + create index
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 03/24/2011 10:28 AM, Uwe Bartels wrote:

> OK. sounds promising. On my machine this looks similar.
> I'll try this.

I just realized I may have implied that DBSHM automatically defaults to
/db/shm/pgsql_tmp. It dosen't. I also have this at the very top of our
/etc/init.d/postgresql script:

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/postgresql ]; then
   source /etc/sysconfig/postgresql
fi

DBSHM=${DBSHM:-/dev/shm/pgsql_tmp}
PGDATA=${PGDATA:-"/db/data/pgdata"}
PGUSER=${PGUSER:-postgres}

DBSHM doesn't exist, and the other vars will probably be empty unless
you set them in the sysconfig file. What I meant was that /dev/shm
automatically exists on our Linux box and we make use of it. :)

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See  http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer.php
for terms and conditions related to this email