Re: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toby Corkindale
Subject Re: Utilities for managing streaming replication servers?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23/03/11 20:18, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 03/22/11 11:18 PM, Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I wondered if there were any software packages floating around to
>> manage servers using streaming replication with Pg?
>>
>> ie. To handle failing over and adjusting the config to promote a
>> slave; and performing the steps of syncing and restarting to bring up
>> a new slave.
>

> that sort of thing would normally be done with a cluster failover
> manaagement tool like Heartbeat from the LInux-HA project.

*nods*
I'm familiar with heartbeat and similar utils to manage the general
concept of, well, failing-over -- but was wondering someone had already
scripted the process of adjusting the config files and rsyncing files
during a pg_backup_.. stuff.

The repmgr utility looks like exactly what I was looking for though, and
should be suitable for connecting to heartbeat, et al.

Thanks to both of you,
Toby