Re: Re-Reason of Slowness of Query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Re-Reason of Slowness of Query
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 03/23/2011 09:16 AM, tv@fuzzy.cz wrote:

> which means this is at least 8.4. Plus the 'distinct' step uses less than
> 1% of total time, so even if you improve it the impact will be minimal.

Haha. Noted. I guess I'm still on my original crusade against DISTINCT.
I was pulling it out of so much old code it's been fused to my DNA.
Actually, we're still on 8.2 so... :)

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See  http://www.peak6.com/email_disclaimer.php
for terms and conditions related to this email