Re: postgres conferences missing videos? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: postgres conferences missing videos?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dne 21.3.2011 20:23, Vick Khera napsal(a):
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Aljoša Mohorović
> <aljosa.mohorovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> postgres is losing a lot of promotional and educational materials, why
>> is this happening?
>>

> Someone has to do lots of work to tape the talks, get proper
> permissions from the presenters, and then host the videos.  Often this
> would land on the shoulders of the conference organizers, who are
> already working hard just to pull off the live show.

Not that much - I've recorded local JUG monthly meetings for more than a
year. With a decent DV cam and a microphone, it's quite easy. After all,
it's just a pearson standing and talking, not a LOTR ...

Hosting - unless you want something special, you can use youtube. We're
quite happy with it.

Tomas