Doubt in Backup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adarsh Sharma
Subject Doubt in Backup
Date
Re: Doubt in Backup  (Vibhor Kumar <vibhor.kumar@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: Doubt in Backup  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Re: Doubt in Backup  (Brian Hirt <bhirt@me.com>)
List pgsql-general
Dear all,

2 days ago, I need to backup 2 databases in my Database server because I need to format the system and reinstalls again with the back up databases.

After a fresh install of ubuntu-10.4 , I install postgreplus-8.4 binary and I think giving the previous data directory /hdd2-1/postgres_data during installation for my own testing.

I think it picks the previous data and therefore,  no need for restoring backups of 2 databases that was taken before.

But what I have noticed that there is 6 databases in my Postgres database and one database pdc_uima doesn't have any entry in \l command.

However I restore it from my previous backup.

Does Someone has any comments and suggestion on it. What is the reason of this strange problem.

Thanks & best Regards,
Adarsh Sharma