Re: Collations versus user-defined functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Susanne Ebrecht
Subject Re: Collations versus user-defined functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12.03.2011 18:17, Tom Lane wrote:
>    Does the SQL
> standard have anything to say on the matter, or is there a precedent in
> the behavior of TSQL or other DBMSes?

Tom,

SQL standard let it open for implementers.

The other DBMS - for which I am/was collation expert - takes afair the
database/schema collation for functions/procedures - no individual
collation.

Just believe me - there is tons of user complain feedback on this
topic. I really can't recommend doing it same way. My experience
is that users want to use own collations in functions too.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com