Re: Slow parliament election processing in Estonia blamed on Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Slow parliament election processing in Estonia blamed on Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 3/9/11 6:59 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I received the following email via our press email address.  It seems
> slow election processing in Estonia was blamed on the Postgres database.
> Any idea how to respond to this?

I responded to the sender with this:

"Yes, I'd heard about this.  Currently, we have no contacts in the
Estonian press, nor even a community volunteer who could translate a
response into Estonian.  So I'm not sure how we can "respond" other than
in people's blogs."

Other than that, I can just say "A bad workman blames his tools."

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.