Re: PG on two nodes with shared disk ocfs2 & drbd - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: PG on two nodes with shared disk ocfs2 & drbd
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/03/11 09:01, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> hehe...
> andrew, I appriciate pg and it's free open source features - maybe I've
> chosen a wrong formulation.
> in my eyes such a feature is getting more important nowadays.

Why? Shared disk means shared point of failure, and poor redundancy
against a variety of non-total failure conditions  (data corruption,
etc). Add the synchronization costs to the mix, and I don't see the appeal.

I think clustering _in general_ is becoming a big issue, but I don't
really see the appeal of shared-disk clustering personally.

--
Craig Ringer