Re: BUG #5905: segfault on pg_terminate_backend - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #5905: segfault on pg_terminate_backend
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 02/03/11 02:50, Matt Harrington wrote:

> Bug reference:      5905
> Logged by:          Matt Harrington
> Email address:      matt.harrington@rentrak.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.3
> Operating system:   CentOS 4.7
> Details:
>
> I have occasionally triggered a segfault while executing
> pg_terminate_backend (or kill on child postgres processes.)  I still have
> the core file and associated logs.
>
> $ gdb -c core.5746 /usr/local/stow/postgresql-8.4.3/bin/postmaster

I'd just like to thank you for taking the time and effort to produce a
useful bug report. It happened to be a known issue, but you saved
everyone a lot of time by including a decent backtrace and a reasonable
amount of information.

Thanks!

--
Craig Ringer