Re: Please help -- Postgres stopped responding .... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Please help -- Postgres stopped responding ....
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26/02/2011 15:04, savio rodriges wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I am new to Postgresql. Postgresql suddenly stoped responding. Below
> is what I checked.
>
> [root@server]$/etc/init.d/postgres status dead but pid file exists
>
> [root@server]$ uptime 20:33:26 up 63 days, 22:57,  4 users,  load
> average: 1.73, 2.26, 2.43
>
> My questions are,
>
> 1. Which postgresql database logfile needs to checked for information
> on why postgres stoped responding?

The latest one. :-)

Seriously, check in postgresql.conf where the logs are set to go, and
look there for the most recent file.

> 2. What else besides logfile can be checked ?

What happens when you try to restart it? - Again, check the logs.

Maybe look in syslog to see if anything else happened at that time?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie