Re: Drop CHECK Constraint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: Drop CHECK Constraint
Date
List pgsql-general
* Yan Cheng CHEOK wrote:

> I was wondering, is there any good way to drop a constraint? Currently, I am making assumption on the check
constraintname.

> ALTER TABLE backup_table ADD CHECK (fk_lot_id = 99);
>
> If I want to drop the above CHECK constraint, I will do
>
> ALTER TABLE backup_table DROP CONSTRAINT backup_table_fk_lot_id_check; (I assume the constraint name will be
backup_table_fk_lot_id_check)

> Is there any more robust way?

Name your constraints:

ALTER TABLE backup_table ADD CONSTRAINT lot_id_ck CHECK (fk_lot_id = 99)

Alternatively, you can get a list of constraints for your table from the
catalog:

SELECT conname
   FROM pg_constraint
  WHERE conrelid = 'backup_table'::regclass

You may have to add more conditions to the query.

--
Christian