Re: "could not accept SSPI security context" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: "could not accept SSPI security context"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 07:58:46 -0800 (PST), Ahmed
<ahmed.shinwari@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried changing that one line to use UTF-8 encoder, but the password packet
> didn't get fixed. It works smoothly if kept in byte array instead of string.
Yes, as SSPI uses binary bytes we have to avoid to convert them to
characters and back to bytes during message generation.

While "char *buffer" in C can serve as both a string and a buffer of
binary bytes, we have "byte[]" as binary buffer and "string" as string
in c#.
This is the reason why we need to use byte[] in all places where libpq
uses char* without really caring whether there is a string inside or
some opaque bytes.

> I think changing the AuthenticationSSPI case to use context.Host may break
> the cases Brar's mentioned.
If this isn't necessary to fix the problem we should probably get some
more instight to what really happens here before fixing one end and
breaking the other.

Regards,

Brar