Re: pg_dump with select output - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: pg_dump with select output
Date
List pgsql-general
On 16/02/2011 09:54, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am using pg_dump in Postgresql database very often and read several
> parameters of it.
> But today i want to back up that part of table which satisfies satisfies
> certain condition ( select command ).
>
> In mysql , this is achieved as below :
>
> mysqldump -h192.168.1.106 -uroot -porkash -q -w"internalurl_id between 1
> and 30" bicrawler internalurl > /root/Desktop/internal_url.sql
>
> -w option is used for executing select command .
>
> But don't know how this is achieved through pg_dump command.

You can't do this in pg_dump. pg_dump can backup:

- the entire database
- a schema, using -s
- a table, using -t

...but not a subset of rows from a table. Maybe you want the COPY command?

   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-copy.html

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland