Re: Range Types (catversion.h) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Range Types (catversion.h)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10.02.2011 20:01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tor, 2011-02-10 at 09:28 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> I originally put it there so that I wouldn't mix up data directories
>> with a patch I'm reviewing, but I agree that it seems easier this way.
>
> FWIW, I disagree with Tom and do recommend putting the catversion change
> in the patch.

I'm very bad at remembering to bump it, so I also won't mind patch
authors doing it.

The ideal reminder would be some special comment you could put on the
catversion line that would cause "git push" to fail if it's still there
when I try to push the commit to the repository. There doesn't seem to
be a "pre-push" hook in git, although some googling suggests that it
would be quite easy to write a small wrapper shell script to check that.
I'm seriously considering to do that, given that I more often forget to
bump catversion than not.